It's been a busy summer at Ridgely Elementary! What's new?
- Our building got a much needed new roof.
- We are excited to welcome Deputy First Class Ashly Collison to RES. Deputy Collison will be our new School Resource Office (SRO).
- Mrs. Sloan Stafford will be our new attendance secretary. Mrs. Stafford is filling Mrs. Kellner's position. Mrs. Kellner retired at the end of the school year, and we wish her the very best.
- During the upcoming school year, grades 3, 4, and 5 students will continue to have one teacher for English Language Arts (Reading) and a second teacher (Partner Teacher) for Math, Science and Social Studies. Grades 1 and 2 students will return to having one teacher for the entire day. This teacher will teach the students all content areas; English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. Kindergarten and Pre-kindergarten students will continue to have the same teacher for the entire day.
- Families with students in grades K-5 will receive teacher assignments before the first day of school. Pre-kindergarten student parents will receive a phone call from their child's teacher at the end of August to introduce themselves and discuss the upcoming year.
As we begin the new year, here are some changes with our staff. First we wish the very best to those staff members who are no longer at RES:
- Sarah Crebs - Assistant Principal
- Donna Kellner - Attendance Secretary
- Alyssa Miller-Lair - School Psychologist
- Michaela Gleaton - Pre-k IA
- Sheri Wheeler - Pre-k IA
- Tracy Wood - Special Education Teacher
- Alexander Freeman - Special Education Teacher
- Leslie Jefferson - Speech Pathologist
- Melissa McGrory - 1st Grade Teacher
We are excited to welcome our new staff members:
- Brett Evans - Assistant Principal
- Alexis Kelser - 4th Grade Teacher
- Lisa Creel - Special Education Secretary
- Ashley Grant - Special Education Teacher
- Deputy Collison - School Resource Officer
It's going to be a great year for Ridgely Terriers!